Role: Secretary/Administrator (Wills, Trusts and Probate)
Location: Sawston Office
Hours: 9.00am to 5.00 pm, Mon – Fri. (1 hour for lunch). Will also consider a candidate wanting to work part time hours.
Salary: £ Negotiable
Reporting to: Paralegal
Annual leave: 20 days per year + Bank Holidays (pro rata if part time)
To provide high quality secretarial and administrative support to a Fee Earner, working in a busy, fast paced environment. Will include work linked to Wills, Lasting Power of Attorney and Probate.
The position will suit either a person with relevant legal experience in similar, or a candidate who wishes to develop their skills to become a legal secretary. Subject to satisfactory performance and qualifying criteria, there will be an opportunity to progress and develop to Legal Executive status through a professional training route.
Key Tasks and responsibilities
• Fast and accurate typing of letters and other legal documents and forms
• Liaising with Fee Earner on the receipt and dispatch of postal correspondence.
• Liaising with clients, and other third parties especially via telephone and email.
• Diary management of client appointments and of other third parties as necessary.
• Opening, closing and archiving of cases.
• Administrative tasks including photocopying, scanning and filing.
• Keeping all parties up to speed with progress of client matters.
Skills and knowledge
• Accurate audio typing ability.
• Effective inter personal skills to manage clients and other parties.
• Strong administration skills, with good attention to detail.
• Effective organizational, prioritising and time management skills.
• Experience of Microsoft Office package.
• Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
Please email a letter of application and your CV to Rob Bourne, Practice Manager: